Contact Me

Please email me at: griffintutoring7@gmail.com
to schedule a free assessment, questions and comments on my blog posts!

Also contact me here for online sessions:
https://www.wyzant.com/Tutors/Chrishelpsyouwriteor
or
https://www.care.com/p/chrisc5872/tu

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Audible review of The Talisman by Steven King/Peter Straub

For Jason's sake! That was epic!!

That was a well done quest book! Memorable characters and plausible scenarios make it great.

Frank Muller as always, gave a hilarious and perfect performance.

My only real gripe was that it was just a bit too long, other then that it was a more then satisfactory.

Jack and Wolf were a great team and I found myself really caring for both of them. 
It could be a suspenseful story and it had a lot of sub-plots and felt like there were many stories within the main one. I also think a big strength of this book is actually the simple save-his- mom plot. As much as it got off track at times, I never lost sight of the main quest and plot point which was always a breath of fresh air.

I appreciate the references in The Dark Tower to this and I'll have to reread where they talked about Jack Sawyer.

Also, the character Speedy reminded me a bit of Scatman Crothers 😄👍🏼

No comments:

Post a Comment