Contact Me

Please email me at: griffintutoring7@gmail.com
to schedule a free assessment, questions and comments on my blog posts!

Also contact me here for online sessions:
https://www.wyzant.com/Tutors/Chrishelpsyouwriteor
or
https://www.care.com/p/chrisc5872/tu

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A bit more about educational games...

    Educational games, should be a foundational thing when learning. Case in point I’ve been teaching a young student in 2nd grade reading and using various games such as Quiddler for short word vocab and Rory’s story dice for comprehension and inferences. I also have a game with a spinner that focuses on prefixes, root words and suffixes. It’s all good and keeps learning fun, not just for the student but for me as well.

    You’ve got to keep things fun, hence the games. It helps you and the student loosen up and make things more interactive. It also keep things fun and easy to digest when you’re studying. That’s one of the reasons I’ve made some solo education games for myself. All I have to do is write on the flashcards which work as game cards to pic as well as trying to remember a certain part of my reading.


    Take a look at this video I made on my YouTube Soloquester channel. It shows how easy it is to make a game board on grid paper.


The making of my Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition learning game:

https://youtu.be/Uiwsmmnhc8Q


    Now the game is for learning the rules of Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, but there's no reason it can't be used to learn another game system or possibly the rules of stoicism. As long as one is willing to make flashcards based off the source material one can make a simple game and learn while making it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment